Friday, March 25, 2011

OPEN THREAD: Over/Unders

I don't normally do this, but I'd love to have all you beautiful folks out there (the three or so people that read this blog) weigh in on this. Courtesy of bodog (h/t Bay Bridge Baseball), we get some over/unders for the 2011 San Francisco Giants. Here they are:

Over/unders

1. Aubrey Huff - .276 batting average
2. Aubrey Huff - 22 home runs
3. Buster Posey - .297 batting average
4. Buster Posey - 21.5 home runs
5. Miguel Tejada - .279 batting average
6. Pablo Sandoval - .290 batting average
7. Cody Ross - .264 batting average
8. Tim Lincecum - 245 strikeouts
9. Tim Lincecum - 2.98 ERA
10. Matt Cain - 3.15 ERA

Going off of my hitting projections, and my own thoughts on the pitchers (I didn't ever end up projecting them...), here are my guesses....


1. Over
2. Under
3. Over
4. Over
5. Over
6. Over
7. Over
8. Over
9. Under
10. Over

Right off the bat, I'll say I have zero confidence in my guess for #5. But we'll see. I'm sticking with it. Otherwise, I feel fairly confident about all of my guesses, in spite of the fact that they're rather optimistic...

So anyway, what say you? Comment with a list from 1-10 and your guesses, if you so desire. These predictions will be preserved in time(!), so you can look back and see how accurate -- or inaccurate -- your predictions were...



Follow SP on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook