Monday, April 11, 2011

Clayton Kershaw is an Unstoppable God

Well, that was just awful.

Notes:
  • Clayton Kershaw is incredible. That is all.
  • Not the best umpiring in the world...Some questionable calls on balls and strikes, and Buster Posey definitely gunned Rafael Furcal down at third base.
  • Also, doesn't help my case that Freddy Sanchez went 0 for 4 tonight, but I really think he should be batting leadoff against LHP. Career OBP v. LHP? .387; much better choice than Miguel Tejada for the leadoff spot, anyway. But in the end, the importance of batting order is minimal. I don't know why I keep making such a big deal out of it.
  • Bad defense. I miss Cody Ross and Andres Torres.
  • Can we get Nate Schierholtz some more playing time? I'm not opposed to having him start in centerfield. I'd venture to guess he's a better defensive CF than Aaron Rowand, at this point.

If you want to know how awful this game was, just look at the gifs here. If you don't want to know how awful this game was, but would instead like to watch Miguel Tejada skipping, watch this gif:


Huge thank you to Baseball Gifs for making this for me upon request. This gif will keep me happy when I'm feeling sad. After losses like this.

Last but not least, thanks to everyone who participated in the live game chat tonight. The game wasn't so fun, but the chat was. I'll aim to hold live game chats on occasion; preferably when Clayton Kershaw is not the opposing pitcher.



Follow SP on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook